Sunday, December 15, 2013

Seeing Father Christmas

Every year Father Christmas comes down our road to raise money for local causes. I have always loved this and as a child thought he was the only real Father Christmas. Quite why the real Father Christmas sits in a trailer being pulled by a car with a wooden reindeer I don't know but I did think that!

Even as an adult I love seeing it and every year I watch from my bedroom window. Every year one of the helpers shines his torch up to my window knowing I will be there. Last year I had had a big relapse and it was a huge struggle to get me the one meter from my bed to the window to see out. This year however for the first time in 12 or 13 years I went out to him!! I was probably the oldest 'child' he saw that night but it was fantastic and got me in the Christmas spirit!

 Waiting Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
With the man himself (who gave me a sweet!) Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment