Sunday, September 15, 2013

Oblivion

I was looking for an old poem I had written years ago and instead stumbled across this which was from last year. Some symptoms of severe M.E are hard to describe let alone understand. I've not edited it or anything and decided to leave it how it was originally.

Heart thumping, beating far too fast to count
Sensation of slow rotating in your head like an old carousel
Jerks hitting your limp body with the impact of lightening bolts
Spasms rippling up and down legs like waves bobbing on the open sea
An oblivion is opening, you start to descend

Oblivion, nothing, darkness

A moment of clarity returns, fleeting like a spark in the night
Heart slower but poison courses through veins
Light sequences dance over your eyes like a firework display
Awareness of limbs grows, odd positions which you can't change
How long was I out for?

My mind returns

Questions start emerging, where am I?
What time and day is it, early or late?
Is the oblivion closing or waiting for my next decent?
Sudden thirst, could I manage a sip of water?
The oblivion is opening, you start to descend.

It's going to be a long night

No comments:

Post a Comment