Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quotes for my bed, I can't decide!

I have a profiling bed, aka a hospital bed. It's not too notable but the wooden footboard just screams NHS at me!

I currently have fabric bunting going across the foot board but I've decided that I want to add a nice quote. I love all the vinyl wall stickers on eBay, I could seriously cover every inch of space in the house with them, from beautiful butterflies and gerberas (a theme in my room) to beautiful quotes. I think my favourite would be one I saw above a baby's cot, 'Twinkle twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are'. As well as loving butterflies and gerberas, I love Harry Potter! Good old Dumbledore was full of fantastic quotes. One quote goes around FB in the form of a sticker on a light switch;

 "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"

I just love the quote and think its so true, it's also ironic due to the darkness in my room! Someone already sells it on eBay but I don't like the font. I was sure I wanted it until I saw my old 'cover' photo on my Facebook;

 "I still dare to dream, and as long as there is a dream of better things to come, I can face tomorrow with a smile".

I like the quote and think it sums up my attitude, I cope by dreaming of what I will do when I am better. My body may lay in bed all day every day but my mind is frequently in Hawaii or some other lovely destination. I can't decide, which one would you choose?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vikki :)

    Have to say, I just love that Dumbledore quote (HP obsessive over here too!!lol)... it really speaks to meat the moment and I'm hoping I can get it made up in to a piece of jewellery and/or a wall decoration sometime soon!! :)
    I do like your other quote too tho- personally, I'd say why not have both?!! :)

    Hope today's and okay day for you (and thanks for following my little blog :) ),
    hugs, Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete